Eight hours in Madrid and I’m already fed up. I have no idea what led me to booking five nights in the (party) capital of Spain, but I’m going to try to change it to three and escape to Barcelona.
- People actually speak English here. Kinda. Yay!
- Lots of interesting places. Visited the Prado museum today (for free, thanks to my student’s card which miraculously is still valid). Going to visit more museums tomorrow.
- It’s like Warsaw, except twice as big. I hate Warsaw.
- So crowded it’s ridiculous. I’m an introvert.
- Prices. I’m going to try to find a supermarket and some university canteen – otherwise I’ll have to rob a bank soon.
The good news is that the hostel has great WiFi and unlimited free coffee.